Effect of Alum and Blanching Time on the Naringin and Hardness of Grapefruit Peel Waste
Keywords:grapefruit waste; naringin extraction, blanching, alum
In order to create semi-finished pomelo peel with crispy structure, chewy texture, eliminate bitterness, and harmonize color, it is necessary to survey to eliminate naringin under the Effect of alum and blanching time. The research process obtained experiments as follows: Shell grapefruit waste, after processing and shaping, is blanched in analum concentration with a concentration of 2% for 15 minutes will reduce naringin grapefruit peel waste.
How to cite this article: Kieu VTD, Viet PX. Effect of Alum and Blanching Time on the Naringin and Hardness of Grapefruit Peel Waste. J Adv Res Food Sci Nutr 2021; 4(1): 19-22.
Hargreaves J, Adl MS, Warman PR.HPV Rupasinghe 2008. The effects of organic amendments on mineral element uptake and fruit quality of raspberries, - Plant and Soil
, 2008; 213-226.
Victor MM, David JM, Sakukuma MCK et al. A simple and efficient process for the extraction of naringin from grapefruit peel waste, Green Process Synth. 2018; 7: 524–529.
Wang Q, Cui W, Liu M et al. J Chem Res 2015; 39: 67-69.
Sasaki A, Kishigami Y, Fuchigami M. Firming of cooked sweet potatoes as affected by alum treatment. Journal of food science. 1999.
Burdick EM et al. Removal of naringin from solutions containing the same. 1948.
Lipson H, Beevers CA. The crystal Structure of the Alums. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A 1935; 148. doi:10.1098/rspa. 1935.0040.
Jourdan PS, Mcintosh CA, Mansell RL. Naringin levels in citrus Tissus. Plant Physiol 1985; 77: 903-908.
Crandall PG, Kesterson JW. Recovery of naringin and pectin from grapefruit albedo. Pro Fla State Hort Soc 1976; 89: 189-191.
Willimott SG, Wokes F. CLXIII. Vitamin and other constituents of grapefruit rind. 1926.
Sakai T, Okushima M. Microbial production of pectin from citrus peel. Appl Envion Microbiol 1980; 39(4): 908.
Wu T, Ye YGJ. Determination of flavonoids and ascorbic acid in grapefruit peel and juice by capillary electrochemical detection. Food Chemistry 2007; 100: 1573-1579.
Copyright (c) 2021 Journal of Advanced Research in Food Science and Nutrition
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
We, the undersigned, give an undertaking to the following effect with regard to our article entitled
________________________________________________________________________________” submitted for publication in (Journal title)________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________Vol.________, Year _________:-
1. The article mentioned above has not been published or submitted to or accepted for publication in any form, in any other journal.
2. We also vouchsafe that the authorship of this article will not be contested by anyone whose name(s) is/are not listed by us here.
3. I/We declare that I/We contributed significantly towards the research study i.e., (a) conception, design and/or analysis and interpretation of data and to (b) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content and on (c) final approval of the version to be published.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge ADRs conflict of interest policy requirement to scrupulously avoid direct and indirect conflicts of interest and, accordingly, hereby agree to promptly inform the editor or editor's designee of any business, commercial, or other proprietary support, relationships, or interests that I/We may have which relate directly or indirectly to the subject of the work.
5. I/We also agree to the authorship of the article in the following sequence:-
Authors' Names (in sequence) Signature of Authors
1. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
2. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
3. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
4. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
5. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
6. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
7. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
8. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
(I). All the authors are required to sign independently in this form in the sequence given above. In case an author has left the institution/ country and whose whereabouts are not known, the senior author may sign on his/ her behalf taking the responsibility.
(ii). No addition/ deletion/ or any change in the sequence of the authorship will be permissible at a later stage, without valid reasons and permission of the Editor.
(iii). If the authorship is contested at any stage, the article will be either returned or will not be
processed for publication till the issue is solved.